Tuesday, April 12, 2016

12th April 2016

Orientation day 2 was fun :D 

Just now at first they had the lsct cca briefing all these things and afterwards, we (as in all the lsct freshmen) finally had the treasure hunt carried out throughout the campus.

Basically what we had to do for the treasure hunt is that every sub tribe, mine is called kaiju, were given a piece of paper with riddles to solve and the answer would lead to the location of the place we needed to go. When we reached a certain location, if the place is correct then there will be challenges to complete. For example we had mini games, like the boy and girl pair challenge lmao some people kena until need to put the object like for eg. pingpong ball in between them and their partner's head, which is of opposite gender.

Next, we had the wet station activities which were carried out in the pool area. 

Lmao I forgot to bring extra underwear for np orientation wet activities I thought its just water guns and buckets. I ended up wearing my fbt without underwear and jumped into the pool XD


For the third segment, we had to go to a clementi estate to distribute food donation flyers and tell residents to donate food within their capacity, as lsct will be carrying out a food donation drive on the 22nd of April. After giving out flyers for quite a few floors and telling the residents whats going on, I came across a particular unit on either the 7th or 8th floor I forgot. Resided by two elderly couple of above 70 years old, they told me that they were jobless and are under welfare by either the government or Lions Befrienders as a number of residents had stickers of the Lions logo pasted on their door which says they are under a welfare scheme. A community centre volunteer told me that most people of the block are indeed not that well to do, so thereafter I told the residents to donate if they have enough for themselves.


It has struck to me that the vulnerable people of our larger society needs not just food or donations, but also people to talk to. Conversing with those couple for a while and I knew that the elderly couple is lonely.


So after the distribution is done, our sub tribe regroup up and some of us went to eat at the roof garden above Clementi Mall. We had interesting games there I will not say what it is you guys who were in the csop and followed us there will know one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Alright I will end it of here as I do not want to make myself into a zombie for day 3 which is the last day for csop. Peaceee





No comments: