Monday, June 20, 2016

Farewell to Underwater World

Its been a very long time since I had been to back to Underwater World in Sentosa, if I am not wrong the last time I have been there was during one of my primary two or three learning journey trips. 

A shame to see it go soon on the 26th this month :l 

Would have been better to keep the site from going by renovating it or something else. 

There were the usual stuff to see, the fishes and other marine animals. Some of it looked rather funny though, one had been named unicorn fish or something due to its extra wavy horn thing on its head lmao. 

Best thing to be there for is definitely the underwater tunnel with the fishes able to swim "above people's heads". It is a place which intrigues me about since when I was very young, probably 4 or 5 years old. I don't know how to describe the nostalgia it has on me.

Had a chance to get up close and touch the stingray's wings/flaps, it has a rather smooth feeling to it unlike what I thought of initially, which was scaly or rough. They got rather random at times, flailing their flaps near the surface at times lol.

To end it of, I would say Underwater World has been a good run for 25 years. A good place for families to bond, children of all generations to have a good time and probably a good place for couples. It will be the place which remains in a special place of all Singaporeans' heart.

No comments: