Saturday, June 4, 2016

My current thoughts about the education I am receiving

So its been a little while since I have articulated anything of a meaningful post. Since it is the end of my course term, and the next week is the common test, I feel it is best to express how I feel about my course.

I like my course some how, but I realised that modules that involve biology are not up to my forte. I am not good with memorising up stuff, I am good with applying knowledge that is able to be versatility applied. Probably why both my mother tongue and general paper together with humanities subjects are a straight B3. 

Others are Physics (B4), Additional Math (C5), and sadly Chemistry (C6). 

The paper 2 of chemistry caused my bad grade, or its just that I was just not working hard enough for O's overall.

But I have buckled up since then and work considerably hard, not that hardest yet. I have done pretty ok for the recent organic chemistry quiz, but still not up to the mark of perfection yet. 

Talking about the practicals in various modules, theres a lot of complex terminologies in some parts of lab practicals. Luckily they are not tested for common test phew. So far I only broke a test tube filled with starch solution inside cause I was in a daze while doing practical work. I have a lot to catch up for my sleep till now. :( 

Before even entering the polytechnic life, I thought I could escaped the clutches of rote learning. This is something I have struggled with before my polytechnic life, and something that tens of thousands of younger Singaporeans are suffering now. 

Theres a major problem in the education system of Singapore, which is what I have said in the previous paragraph, rote learning. I have read somewhere that even the heads of MOE have no idea how the syllabus is beneficial to the future of younger Singaporeans. That is a major consequences of the main ideology behind how Singapore is worked upon, dead pragmatism. 

I will not go into details on that, go do some research on google to know what chim shit I am talking. And heck no, I am not even gonna turn into Amos Yee. He is a mentally retarded intellectual with radical thoughts.

I am just saying what I am ought to say and what I feel like. Totally not censored.

No comments: